We are dedicated to minimizing our environmental footprint in the world at large and to stewardship of the Canyon’s fragile environment.
Our greening programs include:
• Buying from local and green vendors including Annie’s Naturals, Newman’s Own, and Brown Cow
• Using environmentally friendly products and recycled-content supplies on-river and in our office/warehouse: recycled toilet paper & paper towels; green dishwasher soap & cleaning products; energy efficient light fixtures and light bulbs; and washable mugs, plates and utensils negating paper use/trash.
• Minimizing packaging waste by buying items in bulk.
• Recycling in the office/warehouse and on-river.
• Printing our brochure on recycled paper.
• Using only recycled copy paper.
• Using an energy efficient copy machine. Our other office machines and computers—most are ENERGY STAR rated—are also energy efficient.
• Designing an on-river menu featuring organic and natural foods including: Natural beef and chicken (no hormones or antibiotics); locally & naturally raised shrimp; Preservative-free GORP (trail mix) and dried fruits; Shade grown coffees; jams, spreads and marmalades; salsas; granola bars; blueberries; ravioli; salad dressings & marinades; green peas; yogurts; locally & naturally produced honey; beans, spices, and veggie burgers.
“Fantastic, loved the genuine interest – not just following a playbook, but really concerned about saving a special place/experience for us and future generations.” - E.R. April 28, 2012